Re: udev change event

Marco d'Itri (md@xxxxxxxx) said:
> > So, instead of just calling setfacl() when a user logs in, it's
> > better to write udev syntax and kill the daemon (oh, and then
> > generate an event to apply them?)
>
> You do not need to kill the daemon, and if no event is received to apply
> it then I suppose that there is no need to access the drive.

I'm not following you here. Here's the scenario you're proposing I implement:

- CD w/blank media exists, is 0640 root/disk (or whatever)
- I log in
- Rather than set the ACLs, the system daemon writes a udev rule
- ... how does this not work without an event, and what would theoretically
  provide it?

Bill