Re: udev rule and libusb

Michal Soltys wrote:
Roland Roberts wrote:
Perfect!  This does the trick.
I've been using this page, http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html, as my reference and it does not include the ":=" syntax anywhere. Could I suggest that get added someplace?

:= is equivalent of per-key "last_rule" option. It's mentioned in
udev(7). If it works now for you, it'd imply your previous rules were
run before 50-udev-default.rules (or your distro's equivalent, or after
last_rule) - as this is the place where MODE="0644", among other things,
is being set for libusb.
Yes, it is. I'm running Fedora Core 8 and I've put the rule adead of 50-udev-default.rules. Putting it afterwards seesm to inhibit my rule from taking effect at all. The firmware is not loaded (first rule in the file), so the second rule never triggers. That the firmware is not loaded implies that the first rule is also not triggering.

--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland@xxxxxxxxxxx                            6818 Madeline Court