Re: udev rule and libusb

Kay Sievers wrote:
  SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="156c", ATTR{idProduct}=="0101",
MODE:="0666"

Match the device, and set the permissions with a rule:
Perfect! This does the trick. I've been using this page, http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html, as my reference and it does not include the ":=" syntax anywhere. Could I suggest that get added someplace?

roland
3. If yes, do I have to use the RUN directive with a helper to get this to
work?

No, but if your system runs anything like pam_console, be aware that
this may alter the permissions after udev set it to to the specified
value.
I'm aware of that and was actually trying to use that to fix the problem (probably more elegantly) by making the owner the console owner. The rule works, but not in SELinux enforcing mode and I haven't figured out how to fix that part.

roland

--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland@xxxxxxxxxxx                            6818 Madeline Court