[Hotplug_sig] LHCS Regression testsuite 1.2 released

> Hi Natalie!
>
> > I gave a quick run the suite on the 64x and 128x machines
> (x86_64) and
> > it looked good, all passed but the last test (hotplug07.sh) which
> > errored out due to syntax problems.
>
> Hmm, what were the syntax problems?  Case 7 had been disabled
> in previous releases due to a path problem, so it's possible
> it has additional errors.

Is it possible that the archive doesn't have the latest?
Error messages:

functional/hotplug07.sh: line 31: [: argument expected
get_affinity_mask 21437
functional/hotplug07.sh: line 52: [: cpu_is_online: unary operator
expected
Starting loop '1'
functional/hotplug07.sh: line 69: offline_cpu{1}: command not found
Offlining cpu1: Return Code = 127

I tried fixing the include files etc. but still got errors:

Starting loop '1'
Offlining cpu1: Return Code = 1
FAIL - PID 24574 no longer running
PASS - turned off CPU 1, process migrated to CPU
Onlining cpu1: Return Code = 1

> > One thing to mention: the top command is pretty useless when the
> > number of processors is big. It just complains about not
> enough space
> > on the screen ("Sorry, terminal is not big enough") and
> won't show any
> > processors. It appears that correct behavior should be showing
> > processors screen by screen on spacebar or something like that.
>
> Wow, how many cpu's do you have?  Impressive that you can max out top!

I did try 64 and 128x. In X they all can show up with the "tiny" font :)

> Another possible solution would be an option to allow only
> displaying the top N "most active" CPUs.
>
> Are you able to run top at all on this machine, or does it
> simply terminate on startup?

No it worked fine, but appeared not to update the top correctly while
number of processors was increasing. I just tried it again to double
check on that, and turned out that top errors out while offlining
processors (top: failed /proc/stat read), and still works while onlining
but shows their number decreasing instead of growing :) Maybe I don't
have the latest top (although running on SLES10?).

Thanks,
--Natalie