From: lhms-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:lhms-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of KAMEZAWA
Hiroyuki
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:33 PM
To: lhms
Subject: [Lhms-devel] [RFC] what's available and what's not

Hi, I summarized what's available (there is code) now and what's not.
Please comment.

[ready in Linus's or Andrew's tree]
- sparsemem(extreme) (i386, x86_64, ppc, ia64)
- acpi interfaces for ACPI memory device hotplug/add

[Dave Hansen's -mhp tree]
- memory hot add ..... ready in -mm
- memory hot remove
	anon pages ..... ready in -mhp tree
	page cache ..... ready, some fs needs to implement their own
			 migrate_fn
- /sys/devices/system/memory interface for memory hotplug.
- mlocked pages are migratable on this tree.
- direct-I/O pages are migratable (a user just needs to wait for I/O
completion :)

[Christoph at el.]
- memory migration simple version just for anon pages.
- sys_migrate_pages(), sys_mbind(MPOL_MF_MOVE)

[Mel Gorman]
- Fragmentation Avoidance
   (this proj itself is independent from memory hotplug)

[Yasunori Goto]
- NUMA node hotplug/add

[should be done]
- NUMA friendly  sparsemem (creating node local copy of mem_sections[]
?)
- Hugetlb support (maybe depends on Hugetlb demand paging etc...)
- exporting physical memory information
   (kexec will need this because firmware information is not updated
after hotplug)
- some availability check
- some performance check.

Do I miss something ?