[Hotplug_sig] Erratum - Reminder Hotplug SIG Con Call for 09/13 11am Pacific

OK cut/paste got me again. I forgot to change the date in the body of
the e-mail. We will be meeting tomorrow September 13th, 2005 at 11:00am
Pacific (not going back in time 2 weeks :-)

See/Hear you tomorrow.
Martine

-----Original Message-----
From: hotplug_sig-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hotplug_sig-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Silbermann,
Martine
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 3:31 PM
To: hotplug_sig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Hotplug_sig] Reminder Hotplug SIG Con Call for 09/13 11am
Pacific

This is a reminder and agenda of the HotPlug SIG conference call
tomorrow, Tuesday August 30, 2005 at 11:00am Pacific (2:00pm East
Coast).

Phone information:
Toll-Free:1-800-211-0633
Toll:1-719-867-0485
Participant Code: 902493

This is a moderated line. Conference will not start until the moderator
enters with a special pass code.

Agenda:

* Discussion on memory hotplug common regressions
Mary had a couple of questions regarding memory migration:

1. Assume we trigger a memory migration for a segment in user space, and
we have a (test) kernel module looking at the behavior. Is it possible
that the memory segment does not migrate to physical memory while the
originating segment goes away, i.e. the segment contents (or parts) are
written to the swap space?  Or is it possible that some pages get
swapped out quickly so by the time the kernel module looks at the
contents, they are not in physical memory?

2. And related to the above, could swapping behavior be an indication of
a problem, assuming that we take care to have a small memory footprint
capable of avoiding swap altogether?

3. Finally, assuming we write a test kernel module, how does it know
what is target physical memory? Is the target memory a contiguous memory
location, or can it be a bunch of randomly placed pages (possibly in
swap, see above) adding up to a memory segment?

* Behavior of statistics tools in VM environment.
* Progress report on testing (CPU and memory)
* Last meeting's ARs
* Other topics

Thanks for your participation.
Martine J. Silbermann