[Hotplug_sig] MINUTES for Hotplug SIG Con Call 03/26

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 09:43 -0700, Raj, Ashok wrote:
> Just PCI device interrupts are level triggered, interesting would be to
> get edge triggered cases, esp MSI capable devices. This can locate if
> fixup_irqs() need any special handling.
>
> Also unsolicited intr, from network are great loads, since during cpu
> remove we bring system to
> Knees, nothing originates locally, but we cant stop outside world
> talking to us, these are great cases to find missing intr as well.

What if we ran a database workload (DBT2 for example)
from a client that remotely mounts (using NFS V4)
its database?  Then offline a CPU on the NFS Server.
Would that qualify?

We could also offline a cpu on the client, as there
should be lots of threads (to capture Craig's case.)