[Hotplug_sig] Re: [Lhms-devel] 2.6.12-rc1-mhp3

> CONFIG_NR_CPUS=8

I doubt this is your problem but might be good to set this higher as
with SMT and shared processors a 4 way machine can actually look like up
to 80 "cpus" if so set up.  32 should be fine for any reasonable setup
but you could go even higher if you wanted to.

> CONFIG_PREEMPT=y

We generally don't run with preemt on our servers.  Should work but is
not widely used on the platform and won't help performance any.

> # CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU is not set

It's part of the defconfig now.  Come on, you know you want to.  That
way you could run those hotplug cpu tests you have.

> CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI=m
> CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_RPA=m
> CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_RPA_DLPAR=m

I like to build these in so I don't have to deal with the hassle of
modules and initrd.

> #
> # Graphics support
> #
> CONFIG_FB=y

You got FB support to build on a 2.6.12-rc1 based kernel?  I had to
patch to do it.  You must be doing something I'm not.  Unless you plan
to use a video card you might as well turn this off too.

> # CONFIG_IRQSTACKS is not set

What made you decide to turn IRQSTACKS off?  Given you are panicking
right after initializing IRQs I wouldn't be surprised if this is your
problem.  Should it work when turned off, yes.  But again it might not
be well tested.