[Hotplug_sig] RE: [Lhms-devel] 2.6.10-rc2-mm4-mhp1

>OK, I think I found it.  When I online()'d section 29, it happened to
>online the ACPI memory area.  This was bad when memory started being
>allocated to and written in there.  I've added a page_is_ram() check to
>the online routines, and added a check for PageReserved() in
>the removal code to work around this.

Ouch.  This is really only an issue for logical hotplug in most
cases though I would think.

>Also, I'm not sure that everybody has that page_is_ram() function.  It
>looks like x86 and ppc64 are OK, but I'll have to make sure.
>We'll also
>have to make sure that we can use it at runtime.  I know that
>the "real"
>memory hotplug systems aren't supposed to update their e820
>tables after
>boot, so this page_is_ram() check won't work for any of those.
>
>Matt, do the efi tables get updated properly for this to work for you?

I'm not exactly clear on what you're asking.  Do you mean do the
EFI tables get updated as part of an add/remove operation?
No, they don't.  Of course, in the case of physical hotplug,
the firmware will not try to remove memory that is currently
being used by firmware.

matt