Re: Cannot connecting to a pure WPA3-SAE access point

Hi John:

Yes, it sounds like the Broadcom WLAN chipset firmware (and possibly
upstream kernel driver) may not support SAE and/or PMF yet.  Kernel
5.4+ should have support for WPA3 extensions to nl80211, which allows
wpa_supplicant to configure the driver in SAE mode.  In other words,
the only missing piece for SAE functionality is an updated Broadcom
driver and/or firmware.

Best regards,

Dennis