Re: Hotspot 2.0 r2 status?

On 1/20/20 11:46 AM, Jouni Malinen wrote:
On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 12:40:33PM -0600, Teunis Peters wrote:
how do you build it on ubuntu 19.10 as webkit-3.0 has been removed?
(it's webkit-4.0 now, and they're not compatible)
at least I don't seem to be able to find a webkit-3.0 anywhere.

I don't see any sign of webkit-4.0 (or removal of webkit-3.0) in my
Ubuntu 19.10 installation.. This is an update from a previous version,
but anyway, even "apt search libwebkitgtk" shows libwebkitgtk-3.0-dev
which gets used for the build.

On Fedora, webkit-3 has been gone for some time.  I wrote this patch a while back, and it
allows things to compile, but I recall there is still some issue.  I'm not sure if it is
related to this patch or not.

https://github.com/greearb/hostap-ct/commit/718b9e09599c027ce250e8c7af4558570e923279

I just rebased my patches on top of upstream hostap, so we'll do some more tests
soon to see if we can figure out what does and does not work.

Thanks,
Ben

Oh while it looks mostly ready for hotspot 2.0R3 (although little/no
handling of the "advice of charge" (id=278) field) -  I've access to
the spec so I can say it wouldn't pass formal tests, especially as
that's one of the items on the tests.  That particular item isn't well
enough documented anywhere I could find so not sure how to patch for
it as yet.  Most of the rest of the items seem good.

Advice of Charge encoding/parsing is covered externally, i.e., there is
only an interface for configuring fully prepared payload in hostapd
(anqp_elem=278:<hexdump>) and an interface for exposing fetched ANQP
information in wpa_supplicant. And both the AP and station
implementations have passed tests, but obviously there are external
components involved in running the needed operations.

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>