Sync chosen channel for two virtual interfaces?

Hi all,

My previous message was flagged for approval - i guess due to the links?

I've also submitted this question to raspberry pi stack exchange here:
/questions/106988/wpa-supplicant-sync-channels-between-two-wireless-virtual-interfaces/106997
but since I suspect answering it needs a pretty deep understanding of
wpa_supplicant internals, I'm also sending it into the mailing list.

I'm working with a raspberry pi with a stripped down distro - NARD,

and I would like to use two
virtual wireless interfaces, one running in AP mode (service network)
and the other connecting to a wireless network.

The chip supports this, but ONLY if they are on the same channel. I've
been pulling my hair out over this for the last couple of months,
because it was only connecting to **SOME** (read - those on channel 6)
networks due to this...

My question would be if wpa_supplicant is capable of setting the
channel of the `ap0` interface based on which channel the `wlan0`
interface wishes to connect to? Simply removing the frequency stanza
from the configuration of the `ap0` interface makes it choose one
automatically, but does not sync to the one used by the `wlan0`
interface.

My current setup looks like this:

```
/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -i ap0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant_ap0.conf -D
nl80211 -N -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -D nl80211 -P
/var/run/wpa_supplicant.pid -B -s
```

/etc/wpa_supplicant_ap0.conf
```