Re: 802.11r FT over L3

Hi,

hostapd already has a table of r1kh and r0kh peers: r0kh / r1kh configuration options.
You might be able to extend them to add an L3 address option.

There are two different FT AP-AP communication frames:
1. forwarding FT Action Frame content (RRB) for Over-DS (see wpa_ft_rrb_send) 2. key distribution (using an OUI based protocol) (see wpa_ft_rrb_oui_send)

Currently, only the latter (2.) is managed used r0kh/r1kh configuration.
Thus, forwarding FT Action Frame will need an extra lookup for L3 usage. Possibly r1kh configuration might be reusable.

Obviously, configuring L3 addressing manually in r0kh/r1kh configuration options will not work with current autodiscovery (l2 broadcasts).

Depending on your setup, you might want to have a look into linux bridge tunnel_info (vxlan) feature.

Regards,
M. Braun