Re: [tpm2] Support for EAP-TLS with openssl TPM2 engine

On Thu, 2019-03-14 at 09:19 -0700, Andersen, John wrote:
> Sweet! I'd been working on this too, I just got the hostapd / wpa_supplicant
> test stuff working and was going to try setting
> pkcs11_engine_path=/usr/lib/opensc/engine_pkcs11.so
>
> To the tpm2-software/tpm2-pcks11 library.
>
> From the amount of changes it took you, it seems like your approach is cleaner,
> so, out of curiousity, what was your ratoinal for going with this approach? I
> was going to try the pcks11 way because I came across
>
> https://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/plain/wpa_supplicant/examples/openCryptoki.conf
>
> But, I haven't gotten to it yet as I got sidetracked right after I got the tests
> up and running.

If you are using the TPMv2 PKCS#11 token (or indeed any PKCS#11 token)
and it's installed correctly, it ought to Just Work.

You should be able to just give a PKCS#11 URI in place of a filename
for any key or certificate, and any well-behaved application will do
the right thing. I believe wpa_supplicant meets that definition of
"well-behaved application", by automatically using the PKCS#11 ENGINE
when the "filename" it's given is actually a PKCS#11 URI.

(Except for the fact that all ENGINE loading is broken in
wpa_supplicant right now because the init call was removed, as noted).