Re: Building from source: authentication error + DS Params mismatch

Which version of hostapd is working and which one is failing? Which
kernel driver and version are you using?

working version is from Archlinux package manager (version 2.5) kernel 4.4.1
non working from source on the hostap website (version 2.5 tar.gz)
There is no build parameter needed for this, i.e., that should work
regardless of how the build is configured. Do you have the main netdev
in a bridge? Lack of the EAPOL_RX events would imply that there are some
issues in delivering the received EAPOL frames to hostapd.

your are right I was about to say on my first email that my interface is part of an openvswitch bridge. I remember in the past I needed to patch to make it work but I don't need to do it anymore on the version on ArchLinux Does that mean the version is built with some patches the source doesn't include?

Many thanks