Re: Binder interface for wpa_supplicant?

On Tue, 2016-01-12 at 10:38 -0800, Christopher Wiley wrote:

> Binder is very much an object oriented RPC mechanism.  It exposes
> primitives to obtain references to objects in remote processes, and
> call methods on those objects.

That's what I thought, I just didn't see anything in the kernel code :)

> The object model we have in mind is wpa_supplicant's DBus model.  In
> particular, we're working on retrofitting shill (chrome os's
> connnectivity manager) to use binder when running in an Android
> context (as part of the Brillo project).  That daemon currently
> interfaces with supplicant through DBus (the newer binding), and that
> will guide our immediate implementation.

I'm not really sure even the newer DBus model is really the right model
as it doesn't have anything to deal with the "global" interface I
think. The P2P things in there are really quite awkward. A cleaner
redesign might be nice even for DBus... though it obviously causes
other problems like not knowing which API to target etc.

johannes