Re: Metadata replication in tabled

On 06/28/2010 02:10 PM, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
Well, yeah... I guess I was too lazy and reluctant to create yet
another state machine for this. Maybe I should just bite the bullet
and make tabled fully multi-threaded. It was likely to come next
anyway since you complained about the abysmal performance (I do not
know yet what the issues with performance are, but threads are
likely to participate). But if so, a thread may just easily loop,
as ncld API intends.

With my wikipedia corpus testing, part of the issue seems to be a lack of ready-and-waiting-to-write/read chunkd connections. Ideally you want to have an already-open, initialized connection to a chunkd server ready.

Back in the days when I slung NNTP news across the galaxy, having multiple TCP connections to a single server was critical for performance, in particular mitigating the overhead of connection and authentication initialization.

	Jeff