Re: Interested in contributing

On 08/25/2009 09:13 PM, John Quigley wrote:
Hey Folks:

I've just recently discovered the existence of this project, and am
excited by its prospects. I hopefully have relevant experience to help
with the effort, as I've spent the last four years working on a network
distributed storage solution[1]. I'm reading everything that's available
at http://hail.wiki.kernel.org/, and would be interested in your
feedback on where I might begin to help?

I see a standing request for a FUSE interface to CLD on the wiki; since
I've written a number of FUSE-based file systems, would this be desirable?

Pete gave some excellent pointers for starting out. The only other, minor detail I would add is to practice building from the git repository. These projects are definitely in the "heavy development" phase, and problems with release tarballs may have already been fixed in the git repo by the time someone gets around to reporting the bug.

Welcome aboard!

	Jeff