Re: Interested in contributing

Pete Zaitcev wrote:
While on course to that, I think I contributed more patches
for CLD than for Tabled. You just need something to keep you interested.

Fair advice ...

I think so, yes. In the process, if you could create a library for
CLD that were friendly to multi-threaded applications, it would
be godly. The hail/tabled/server/cldu.c is just awful IMHO.
But of course, who cares about libraries. You need a more interesting
goal that coincidentially requires a better library.

and a fair request, duly noted.  That's sufficiently concrete and tractable to get me engaged.

Cleversafe reminds me about something: it would be great if someone
created some kind of background remote sync for tabled. The redundancy
I'm thinking about is limited to a data center.

Acknowledged, and this would be something I'd be interested in providing.  I'm just beginning to analyze the code, beginning with CLD.  As I progress into tabled, I'll take this request into consideration and email out design/spec thoughts that may come to mind.

Thanks so much for the quick response.

- John Quigley