Re: The Future?

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 at 15:53, Igor Korot <ikorot01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, Emmanuel et al,

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 4:38 AM Emmanuele Bassi via gtk-list
<gtk-list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Meta: having this discussion on gtk-list is probably the best example as to why we need to move to Discourse. Nobody involved with the development of GTK even reads this list, except me, so you're never going to get more than my opinion about it.

What is "Discourse"?

Announcement of the Discourse instance, sent to this list: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-list/2019-March/msg00000.html

Discourse: https://discourse.gnome.org

How about porting recent GTK version to OpenVMS?

If you want to add a new platform to GTK, you will need to:

 - ensure that GTK master and gtk-3-24 build on it
 - open merge requests for every needed fix, if any
 - add a GitLab CI runner, so that we can test every commit and merge request on that platform, and ensure we don't regress

If you want to support OpenVMS, you'll have to work on it, or pay somebody to work on it.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.