Re: Emitting signals from threads

It is possible that I haven't read this thread carefully enough.

You cannot update a GtkTreeModel or any other similar data structure that is currently being used as "the model" by a GtkTreeView or other similar widget, from a worker thread.

The model will emit signals reflecting what you've done to it, and the widget will do "GTK stuff" in its handlers for those signals, which will execute inside the worker thread.

You *can* update a GtkTreeModel (or similar) from a worker thread if you ensure that it is detached from any view widget during your updates.