Re: Emitting signals from threads

This is Gtk3:
gtk3-3.22.26-2.fc27.x86_64

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 1:14 PM Luca Bacci via gtk-list <gtk-list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is it Gtk2 or Gtk3, which version exactly?

Il giorno mar 18 dic 2018 alle ore 18:47 Mitko Haralanov via gtk-list <gtk-list@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
I mistakenly replied only to Luca!! Forwarding to the list.

(Sorry, Luca, my bad)
- Mitko

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mitko Haralanov <voidtrance@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 9:37 AM
Subject: Re: Emitting signals from threads
To: Luca Bacci <luca.bacci982@xxxxxxxxx>

I found something that is different between the two cases - button click with signals and without.

Using the code from the link that Luca posted, I decided to print the size of each column when a button press is received. As it turns out, the width of the columns is different in the two cases:

Without thread signals:
column[0](193) = 0 -> 193
cell[0] = min->109, natural->109
column[1](66) = 193 -> 259
cell[0] = min->20, natural->20
cell[1] = min->16, natural->16
cell[2] = min->35, natural->35
column[2](36) = 259 -> 295
cell[0] = min->16, natural->16
x = 105.872116, y = 259.547516

(x and y are the coordinates of the button press event)

With thread signals:
column[0](0) = 0 -> 0
cell[0] = min->135, natural->135
column[1](66) = 0 -> 66
cell[0] = min->20, natural->20
cell[1] = min->16, natural->16
cell[2] = min->35, natural->35
column[2](36) = 66 -> 102
cell[0] = min->16, natural->16
x = 113.528488, y = 158.563782

As you can see, the width of the first column is 0 when the signals are being emitted. As expected, if I were to click very close to the left border of the widget, the edit dialog does not get triggered as the x coordinate falls within column 1:

column[0](0) = 0 -> 0
cell[0] = min->135, natural->135
column[1](66) = 0 -> 66
cell[0] = min->20, natural->20
cell[1] = min->16, natural->16
cell[2] = min->35, natural->35
column[2](36) = 66 -> 102
cell[0] = min->16, natural->16
x = 21.247330, y = 181.310333

I could use the cell renderer width if the column width is 0 but that seems unreliable since the cell renderer width is not the same as the column and it's also not static.