Re: Moving from mailing lists to Discourse

More information on Discourse:

  - About: https://www.discourse.org/about
  - Features: https://www.discourse.org/features

Discourse is a forum software that has multiple ways to access it: web, native apps, and email. It's not a mailing list software with a web frontend.

The interesting (to me) parts are:

 - 2FA instead of Mailman's plaintext password
 - real moderation tools, that can scale with the community and encourage civility and code of conduct compliant behaviour
 - anti-spam measures
 - open source software (kind of a pre-requisite)
 - good UI for reading and replying to topics

The Fedora (Silverblue) and Ubuntu communities already use Discourse, for instance; the SDL community also does.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.