Re: gtk performance

about this:

> is there any way to create callbacks from the _javascript_ world using the Webkit2Gtk webview?

I've created a JSON communication channel between GJS and the WebView through title notifications:

The nitty-gritty is that you change your title from the page

```js
document.title = `${SECRET}:js=${JSON.stringify(data)}`;
```

and you intercept it from GJS side

```js
webView.connect('notify::title', (self, params) => {
  if (`${SECRET}`:js=/.test(self.title)) {
    const data = "" + 4));
    // do stuff ... then ...
    const response = {};
    self.run_javascript(
      `document.dispatchEvent(
        new CustomEvent(
          '${SECRET}:gjs',
          {detail: ${JSON.stringify(response)}}
        )
      );`,
      null,
      (self, result, error) => {
        self.run_javascript_finish(result);
      }
    );
  }
});
```

This way you can pass any serializable data to the listener and send eventually data back. The SECRET can be any channel, for circular data just use one of the many circular JSON parsers/stringifiers (i.e. flatted or CircularJSON)

Hope this helps at least with the last part of the question.

P.S. on DOM, a table with 1.000.000 rows would be slow as well, the way I'm scaling these kind of tables on DOM is by rendering only what's visible (fixed rows height helps a lot with this) virtually updating the scroll bar which is **not** the native one or performance will be super bad regardless.