Re: XTestFakeKeyEvent GDK-equivalent

Hello Emmanuele,

Well, my requirements allow an only-X or -Wayland solution, but I totally understand what you mean, I feel it is weird using a testing API do implement functionality.
My current solution is using uniput to create a virtual device in user space, I'm just having trouble with the keyboard layout, GDK was my hope to convert char -> keysym and send it directly to the X server. I guess I'll just have to get the mapping right in both server and client, either manually or trying to read XKB mappings.
I'm looking at Onboard (https://code.launchpad.net/~onboard/onboard/trunk) code and I think they do what I want.

Anyway, thank you for the help.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.