Re: Simple question...

On Fri, 2018-06-29 at 22:38 -0400, Chris Moller wrote:
> ...but I can't figure it out:  How do I make a tiny little button,
> like 10x10 pixels,  gtk_widget_set_size_request (button, 10, 10);
> doesn't work.  gtk_widget_size_allocate (GtkWidget *widget,
> GtkAllocation *allocation); doesn't work.  ( can't make anything work
> using CSS.  Nothing seems to work.

Yes, it really should be possible to make tiny buttons -- and to some
degree it is possible, gedit for example has multiple tabs, and each
tab has a tiny close button. I have copied that gedit code once and got
it working, was my Ruby code that time. But that gedit code has changed
multiple times, so it may be necessary to copy most recent version. And
of course it may not work for all widgets unfortunately.

Of course, generally widgets should be NOT tiny, we all know that.