Testing GTK4 in /opt/gtk -- tiny fonts on HiDPI display

Yesterday I tried for the first time GTK4 install as described in
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk4/3.93/gtk-building.html

Worked well, and I can successfully launch gtk4-demo.

On my 27 inch 4k monitor all gtk4 apps seems to have only 11 point
font, which is very small and does not allow real testing. For my Gnome
3 GUI I have set a font scale of 1.9, but GTK4 seems not to use GTK3
font settings. I tried different font configs for GTK4, but no one gave
a change. Is Font size still hard coded in GTK4? (The reason for my
early GTK4 testing is, that I already consider gobject-introspection
Nim support for GTK4, similar to
https://github.com/StefanSalewski/gintro