Re: GTK4 documentation

On 12 December 2017 at 20:34,  <lrn1986@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 12/12/2017 10:29 PM, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
>> On 12 December 2017 at 18:19, Igor Korot <ikorot01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>  Hi, ALL,
>>> On the page https://developer.gnome.org/gtk4/stable/gtk4-General.html
>>> in the "Description"
>>> part in the sample code it is referencing the "gtk_init( &argc, &argv );".
>>> However, if you look at the actual function -
>>> https://developer.gnome.org/gtk4/stable/gtk4-General.html#gtk-init -
>>> it is documented as "void gtk_init(void);", i.e. it does not take any
>>> arguments.
>>>
>>> I am not sure which one is correct - just wanted to report this to you guys.
>>
>> The reference hasn't been updated, as we're still releasing developers
>> snapshots and we're churning on the API. By the time 4.0 is released,
>> the API reference will be updated.
>
> Ironic, since the documentation URL has the word "stable" in it...

That's an issue of the developer.gnome.org website.

The API series is going to be 4.x, thus stable, but we're releasing
snapshots, thus unstable. We need to release something that is already
namespaced with "4", otherwise we'd overwrite the 3.x documentation,
introspection, and development files.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--