Re: How to get a "traditional" file-chooser

There are some major apps like gimp that use gtk2 and I doubt they'll ever switch to gtk3--gtk3 widgets tend to be a lot bigger than gtk2 widgets, making control-intensive dialogues bigger, taking away space from whatever you're trying to do.

I've written a bunch of apps over the last few years using gtk3, but I'm switching back to gtk2.  The widget-size issue is one reason, but in addition I find CSS to be a ridiculously clumsy mechanism for setting widget characteristics--gtk_widget_modify_bg () was a lot more straight-forward than lots of arm-waving with "style providers" and all the rest of it.

Chris Moller