Re: One more Gobject Introspection issue

On Fri, 2017-09-15 at 10:28 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> All API that takes a GtkIconSize should have a `type int` annotation.

Thanks. I learned that already from the reply of Mr. Phil Clayton.

Seems that some functions like gtk_toolbar_set_icon_size() do not yet
have a `type int` annotation.

Passing ints as parameters have the disadvantages, that people may try
to pass true size like 64 and wonder why it does not work. I can
remember someone who has done that indeed.

And gtk-icon-size-register()

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/gtk3-Themeable-Stock-Images.html#gtk-icon-size-register

seems to be deprecated now.

I have a customer who is porting his GTK2 application to Nim GTK3 high
level GTK API -- he reported that issue. Currently he has to convert
the Nim enums to int when passing the parameters like IconSize.menu.ord
where .ord does the conversion to int. I think I will let it as it is
for now, thanks.