Re: They broke the CSS custom color settings in 3.20

Hi;

On 13 November 2016 at 14:33, Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2016-11-13 at 13:37 +0100, Stefan Salewski wrote:
>> No, that seems to be impossible for 3.20. Tooltip text color seems to
>> be hard coded to white :-(
>
> And finally...
>
> str0 = "tooltip * {color: green;}"
>
> This star notation gives me indeed a green text. So I think I will now
> be indeed able to assemble a CSS for black text without shadow on white
> background.

Try:

  tooltip label { color: green; }

instead.

As the GtkTooltip documentation says:

| By default a box with a GtkImage and GtkLabel is embedded in the tooltip

Again, since the window created by GtkTooltip to show the tooltip can
be customised, it's not entirely possible to style tooltips that are
created by applications or additional libraries; it's only possible to
style tooltips that are created by GTK+ itself.

> Of course it took me a halve day...
> I am not really sure what the astericks does, I have just tested all
> notations. Guess tooltip may have hidden sub elements, and star
> notation may set color for all of them?

I'm pretty sure you need to start reading a guide to CSS, or at least
the CSS specification on selectors.

You can also start from the GTK+ API reference:

  https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/chap-css-overview.html

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--