Re: Gnome with high resolution display (4k, 27 inch)

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 10:34 PM, Michael Torrie <torriem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hopefully someone can enlighten me as to why after years of hearing
about the promise of vector graphics allowing arbitrary and beautiful
scaling of our user interfaces, we are stuck with this HiDPI kludge and
apps that still think in pixels. And is this likely to ever change?

at some point, something has to be rendered to pixels. that layer is part of the GTK/GDK stack.