Re: WHere is the icons

Daniel,

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 2:09 AM, Daniel Kasak <d.j.kasak.dk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I posted on this topic a little while back ( a month or 2 from memory ). The
> icon theme you're using has to have icons of the same name that you're
> trying to use. If you're using a 'default' ( eg adwaita ) icon theme in
> conjunction with icon names that used to work a couple of years ago, you're
> likely to have issues. Either choose an older icon theme, or migrate to the
> new 'best practices'.

Problem is I am not running under GNOME. I have KDE4 installed on my machine and
I'm trying to port the GTK2 app to work with GTK3.

The thing is - I want to have a clean compilation before saying: this
works fine. ;-)

Now, since you mention "best practice", let me ask you - what is it?
Using named icon? If yes - can you throw in some code? I will see if
that will find the icon...

> You can also run with GTK_DEBUG=icontheme set - this can show you some info
> about where gtk is looking to find icons. See
> https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/gtk-running.html

Now, I may be able to install GNOME and run it there just to make sure KDE is
out of the picture. ;-)

> Good luck, Gentoo warrior :) Oh ... you're running 'stable' ... luck not
> required ;)

Yup, I will need it.

Thank you.