Re: Outdated win32 bundle

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 9:22 PM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The current stance of everyone involved in the Windows backend for
> GLib and GTK+ is to stop advertising binary builds for Windows — as we
> don't do that for any other platform, and nobody sticks around long
> enough to keep doing that or to set up a continuous integration build
> for GTK.

Stop advertising == stop supporting?

> Developers using the G* core platform libraries on Windows are
> strongly encouraged to use the MSYS2 distribution:
>
>   https://msys2.github.io/

Like Git? Ship 200Mb of "additional value" on top? Just for comparison
Mercurial installation is 37Mb compared with 267Mb of Git. And that for
every GTK application?

> This will provide you with pre-built packages that are known to work
> and maintained. It also allows you to build your own packages on top
> of it, and create an installer from the result.

Can GTK be cross-compiled for Windows?

http://www.appveyor.com/ if using closed source service is okay.