GTK Socket and reparenting

Hi,
 i have a problem with GTK Socket. I'm using it to build some GUI for my beloved urxvt terminal emulator. But I encountered a big problem, when i need to split screens. URXVT support xembed, so i use GTK Socket to create window, and pass socked id to urxvt, that plugs and embeds itself into a socket. However, then i need to reparent socket to another parent(for example split window, notebook page to another etc.), and there is a problem. When i try to reparent socket the socket plug(in this case embedded urxvt) is destroyed. Is there a way to go around this?

Thank you
michael