Re: Alternative to gtk_widget_set_sensitive on GetComboBoxEntry

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Ian Puleston
<ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd forgotten about that, and yes, used in combination with the previous
> suggestion it achieves the desired effect. In fact, either of these work:
>

> gtk_editable_set_editable(GTK_EDITABLE(gtk_bin_get_child(GTK_BIN(combo))),
> FALSE);
>     gtk_combo_box_set_button_sensitivity(GTK_COMBO_BOX(combo),
> GTK_SENSITIVITY_OFF);
>
> or:
>     gtk_widget_set_sensitive(gtk_bin_get_child(GTK_BIN(combo)), FALSE);
>     gtk_combo_box_set_button_sensitivity(GTK_COMBO_BOX(combo),
> GTK_SENSITIVITY_OFF);
>
> Both show the text in the disabled combo entry, the latter grays it out, the
> former doesn't.
>
> We got there. Thanks
> Ian

Now that you've found a work-around to setting the combo-box insensitive,
could you please also ensure that there is a bug filed for GtkComboBox ?

As far as I know, widgets in GTK+ are supposed to maintain their state
when insensitive (for instance, an insensitive GtkSwitch, GtkLabel,
GtkEntry, GtkToggleButton, GtkRadioButton... all can be set insensitive
without losing the current state).

I don't see why it would be acceptable that the GtkComboBox behave
differently than other widgets regarding sensitivity, and not filing a bug
about it is an open invitation for the bug to remain unfixed.

Thanks,
       -Tristan