RE: Alternative to gtk_widget_set_sensitive on GetComboBoxEntry

I'd forgotten about that, and yes, used in combination with the previous
suggestion it achieves the desired effect. In fact, either of these work:

gtk_editable_set_editable(GTK_EDITABLE(gtk_bin_get_child(GTK_BIN(combo))),
FALSE);
    gtk_combo_box_set_button_sensitivity(GTK_COMBO_BOX(combo),
GTK_SENSITIVITY_OFF);

or:
    gtk_widget_set_sensitive(gtk_bin_get_child(GTK_BIN(combo)), FALSE);
    gtk_combo_box_set_button_sensitivity(GTK_COMBO_BOX(combo),
GTK_SENSITIVITY_OFF);

Both show the text in the disabled combo entry, the latter grays it out, the
former doesn't.

We got there. Thanks
Ian