Re: How to find the exact size a button is going to get?

varun shrivastava wrote:
> you can access GtkAllocation structure which stores the x, y, width
> and height allocated to a widget
That will (only) give me the size of an existing widget, won't it?

Not what I'm looking for; as I was saying, I want to know what size a
widget will have without actually creating it. Or differently put, I'd
like to know the "rules" for margins/borders that are drawn around a
widget I add to a button.

- Toralf