Offscreen rendering & Redirection

Hi

Bug #318807 is a patch for implementing offscreen rendering and events
redirection. I'am in the process of finding a way to implement efficient
graphics effect with Gtk+ and this approach is very interresting
(pigment, etc). I tried to exercise it but without a lot of success
(partly running). I have two requests for the gtk+ community:
1) have your feelings about this way (or others) to had advanced
graphics effects
2) have help to have this patch running

Thanks for any help and thanks for this fantastic work.

Remi