Re: menu accelerators not working

jcupitt@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Have you added the accel group to the window? You need:
>
>         accel_group = gtk_ui_manager_get_accel_group( mainw->ui_manager );
>         gtk_window_add_accel_group( GTK_WINDOW( mainw ), accel_group );
>
> For example, search in:
>
> http://vips.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/vips/nip2/trunk/src/program.c?view=markup
>
> for accel for some boilerplate.

Thanks John,  That's huge!!

I pulled down a few examples but they were all using glade.  Your
recommendation and your reference code has been a huge help.  The
GtkAccelGroup makes a bit more sense now, especially after seeing that
it needs to be directly associated with the top level window.  The
GtkUIManager can make them but can't make the final connection to the
top level window on its own.

Thanks,
- Philip