GTK table example with cut, paste, etc

I need to put together a GTK app whose main element is a table, and it
needs to have the ability to select adjacent  cells. Ya know, depress
and hold left mouse button and as you move the mouse it highlights and
selects for cut, copy or delete based on the rectangle you use the mouse
to select.

Is there some example code someplace to show me how to do this?

tj