Re: (severe) performance issues

Hi Bobby,

On 4/3/07, Bobby Jack <bobbykjack@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can you include some details as to how you gathered
> these metrics? I'm seeing very different results from
> your test program, although I'm just eyeballing top so
> I'd like to use whatever method you did.

That's all I did as well. If I compile and run the test program, it
(almost) never appears on top. If I change it to 100 labels at 100 Hz,
I see just over 1% CPU (from memory).

Do you see something very different? What X server / graphics card /
CPU / gtk do you have? My card is a very modest nvidia (less than 100
ukp), though I do have a fast CPU.

John