Re: gtk drawing question

>From: Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: Doğacan Güney <naliven@xxxxxxx>
>CC: gtk-list@xxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: gtk drawing question
>Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:14:24 -0400
>
>On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 13:46 +0000, DoÄ&#65533;acan Güney wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to write a program similar to the one at
> > http://mirko.lilik.it/Ruby-GNOME2/moz-snapshooter.rb . As far as I
> > understand it, net-stop only means that the loading of page is
>completed, it
> > doesn't necessarily mean that drawing the widget is complete. My
>question
> > is, is there a way to understand if drawing of a widget (gtkmozembed in
>this
> > case) is complete?
>
>your question is ill-formed. do you mean "when every pixel that
>represents a widget has been displayed on a screen?" or "when the code
>responsible for requesting pixel changes has been called?" or something
>else?

OK, I guess my previous explanation wasn't any good. The first one ( "when
every pixel that represents a widget has been displayed on a screen") is
pretty much what I want.

Specifically, what I want is a gtk widget(which, in my case, is gtkmozembed)
that has a 'draw' call that does not return until that particular widget has
completed its drawing operations. Or that does return but sends me a
drawing_complete(or whatever) signal when it has finished drawing.