Re: Question on gtk library dependencies

On Aug 23, 2006, at 6:44 PM, John Koshi wrote:
> Looking at the libraries, I see libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.600.10
> is already present. Will there be a conflict if I now get
> the package libgtk2.0-0 from Familiar?
>
> My concern is that libgtk2.0-0 and it's several dependencies
> (ie:libgcc1, libglib2.0-0, liblango1.0-0, libatk0, etc), all
> appear to be earlier versions than what I now have installed
> on my ipaq, and I may end with a mess if I do install it.

Thing 1 to try: does Familiar have a way to "inject" a package (tell
it that a package is effectively installed, although you haven't
actually installed it - different distros call it different things,
but it lets you install something manually and tell the package
manager that "yeah, I have this...").

Otherwise, it very well might be OK.  Might not.  Best way to find
out is to back up the files and try.

- Michael