Re: GtkEntry invisible char default question

On 3/22/06, Banginwar, Rajesh <rajesh.banginwar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The patch is changing the default invisible character for GtkEntry to
> Unicode char 2022 (bullet character) instead of an asterisks. The Gtk
> docs specifically say that the default is set to '*'. The question is:
> does this matter? Should apps rely on this default value? I cannot think
> of an example where app will need to rely on specific character being
> default.

An app should not depend on this because (iirc) it can be changed by
the user in .gtkrc and a test should not depend on this because not
only can a user change it, an app can set their own invisible char as
well.

--
Travis Watkins
http://www.realistanew.com