Re: The correct way to implement a large scrolled canvas

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:14:42 +0100, David J. Singer
<doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But surely for even a moderately complicated "drawing area", you would
> need to create and maintain a backing pixmap to speed up the exposures.

Actually not: gnomecanvas uses a variety of techniques to make drawing
just the exposed part of the display efficient. Programs based on it
(like dia) have very large scrolling areas that repaint quickly
without a large backing pixmap (unless I've misunderstood your point,
in which case sorry).