Re: plotting question

francex@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

I must insert in my application 2 graphic types:

1) X-Y Axis to plot points in realtime (or with delay).

2) A timeline scrolling (seconds) from left to right that plots points.

Could be sufficient using Canvas/Drawing in Gnome/GTK (do you know examples?)
or is it necessary/advisable use external libraries? Eventually what are
this libraries?

If you implement some panning functions that transform window coordinates to sensible graphing coordinates, you can plot on to a gtk drawing area and have a timer thread to pan the graphics like a chart recorder, by scheduling 'expose' events. You can do it all in gtk.