Need advice for overlay framework

Hi,
I am new to embedded systems and was exploring gstreamer framework on
freescale platform.
I came across some display framworks like Direct FB, etc.
I wanted to know what is the best way forward to build overlay support
for media player using
gstreamer.
I did find few pointers like dfbvideosink, eglsink etc but need more
concrete reasons to pick one over the other.
I strictly want to avoid using X-server and Wayland.
Please guide me on this front. Targetting gstreamer 1.2.
Thanks.

--
Regards,
Subodh

-- **************** CAUTION - Disclaimer ***************** This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. UFOMoviez India Ltd. has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. UFOMoviez India Ltd. reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the UFOMoviez India Ltd.'s e-mail system. ***************** End of Disclaimer *******************