Re: [yocto] Squeezing a gstreamer video pipeline into the smallest footprint possible

On 9 April 2014 00:03, Patrick Doyle <wpdster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a ridiculously pinhole sized memory footprint into which I
> would like to squeeze a gstreamer based video pipeline.  I am looking
> for tips on what I can do to minimize the footprint as much as
> possible for my Yocto based system.

The GStreamer plugins and libraries are all packaged independently in
Yocto, so you can do some heavy size reduction by just installing the
packages you need, and double-checking that nothing unexpected gets
pulled in via dependencies.

Ross