Deinterlacing of video

Hi,

I am using Leopardboard and streaming live video. I am using NTSC/PAL
camera as input. The output video on the client is deinterlaced but I do
not want to use the default deinterlacing method since the method is not
good. I want to try various other deinterlacing options provided by
gstreamer - "deinterlace" plugin but somehow it does not work. My pipleline
is as follows:

gst-launch -e v4l2src input-src=composite always-copy=FALSE
chain-ipipe=FALSE !
video/x-raw-yuv,format=\(fourcc\)UYVY,width=640,height=480 ! deinterlace
mode=1 method=1 ! dmairesizer ! dmaiaccel ! dmaiperf print-arm-load=true !
dmaienc_h264 encodingpreset=2 targetbitrate=1000000 ratecontrol=2
intraframeinterval=23 idrinterval=46 ! queue ! mpegtsmux name=mux ! queue !
udpsink port=3001 host=192.168.1.102 sync=false enable-last-buffer=false

The pipeline just does not seem to work. It hangs at the following log:

system error: Invalid argument
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock

Also, to note, If I use IPIPE in continuous mode and make
"chain-ipipe=TRUE" then the output remains as it was before i.e. it makes
use of default deinterlacing method. If I use the above pipeline without
the "deinterlace" plugin or remove "mode=1" from "deinterlace" plugin then
I get an interlaced video. But I want to deinterlacing using some other
method before encoding. How can I do it?

Also, wanted to understand where exactly does the default deinterlacing
happen. Is it the IPIPE doing it or encoder or gstreamer? Can I remove or
disable the original deinterlacing option or change the deinterlacing
method in the hardware?

Thanks*,*

*Maz
*